In 1904, the Brethren moved into the Martinsburg area, thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Casper L. Miller, who opened their home for Sunday Worship services. Because of increased membership, the house became too small, so in 1919, they moved their services to various halls and schoolhouses in Matinsburg until 1928. At that time, the brethren purchased the Yeakley Church on High Street. The Mission Board of the Mid-Atlantic District supplied ministers.
In April 1934, Berkeley Congregation was dissolved and in its place, there arose two distinct congregations, the Martinsburg-Vanclevesville, which claimed approximately one hundred fifty members and the Leetown-St. Margarets that claimed about forty-nine members.
The building of the new church on the corner of Moler Avenue and Third Street really began on April 25, 1938. When the Official Board made the recommendation that the lot on the corner of Moler Avenue and Third Street be purchased for the sum of $800.00 free of all encumbrances.
The next event of major importance was groundbreaking, which took place April 30, 1939. A group of one-hundred fifty faithful and dedicated members of the Church of the Brethren gathered at the lot on the corner of Moler Avenue and Third Street for this long awaited occasion. With a new long shovel and after a brief speech, the mayor of Martinsburg, Chris Dailey, threw out the first shovel of dirt. From the "seed" planted and nurtured here, grew a big beautiful church, as we know it today. Dedication day was Sunday, June 2, 1940.